Sylvia M. Ramos M.D. Credentials
- 1969 Herbert H. Lehman College of the City University of New York, A.B
- 1974 Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, M.D.
- 1974-1978 General Surgery Internship and Residency -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine and affiliated hospitals
- 1988-1989 Kellogg Fellow in Health Policy, Planning and Management, New York University, Advanced Management Program for Clinicians
- 1990 New York University, Wagner School of Public Service, Master of Science Program in Health Services Management, M.S.
- 1995 Visiting “Observerships” at the Breast Center, UCLA, Susan Love M.D.; Memorial Sloan-Kettering Breast Service, New York, Patrick Board in M.D.; and M.D. Anderson Breast Service, Texas, Eva Singletary M.D.
- 1999-2000 National Hispanic Medical Association Leadership Fellowship jointly sponsored by New York University Wagner School Public Service, National Hispanic Medical Association and United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Awards and Honors
- 1982 Elected to the Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons
- 1987 elected to the New York surgical society
- 1987-1990 Milton I. Petrie Fellow in Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 1991 Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Albuquerque family health Center
- 1997 Received a People's Caring Award from People Living Through Cancer
- 1997 Received Recognition Award from the New Mexico Breast Cancer Coalition
- 1998 Promoted to Clinical Professor of Surgery, University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- 2000 Elected President of People Living through Cancer
- 2001 Received the Distinguished Member Award from the Association of Women Surgeons
- 2003 Received the Alumni Life Achievement Award from the Alumni Association of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 2004 Appointed to the National Cancer Institute Director's Consumer Liaison Group, Bethesda, Maryland
- 1999 What Advice Can I Give My Patient with Lymphedema? Western Journal of Medicine
- 1999 Edema Volume, Not Timing, Is the Key to Success in Lymphedema Treatment. American Journal of Surgery (co-authors L. O’Donnell and G. Knight)
- 2005 Cancer Support Groups and Hispanic Cancer Patients. Caring for HispanicPatients, American Family Practice Association and National Hispanic Medical Association